I know yesterday’s post was all “oh em gee, three months until race day already!?” but I’ll express such one more time: THREE MONTHS FROM TODAY. I. AM. RUNNING. A. FULL. MARATHON. -Insert trickle of pee here-
Whew, that aside. Here’s what I’ve got my eyes on for the month:
- Distance runs: 12, 14, 6, 16.
- Seven more classes to complete the 30 Day Challenge
- Resume once-a-week personal training
- Stick to independent strength training schedule
- At least once a week 5K at lunch
- Continue healthy, clean diet once challenge ends
- Start testing salt tabs
- Yoga at least twice
- Seeing Britney Spears with my family (dancing in my seat is totes cardio)
Friends, here’s where I’m going to really need your help. I’ve never run more than a half marathon and now I’ll have to do that twice in one month. The craziest part? After those two runs, I only have two more long distance runs in March (18 and 20) before I taper. Things are happening faster than I thought. Except my pace – definitely, definitely not faster. Anyway. Please check in on me on Saturdays to make sure I haven’t died, please don’t be offended when I turn down Friday outings and please, please, for Heaven’s sake, meet me at the end of each distance run with a giant cookie and glass of wine. Just kidding… kind of.
Hey, this time, three months from now, I’ll have run 26.2 miles.